Every Family. Every Person. A Home
We realize our vision of ending homelessness for families by inspiring stable housing, financial independence, and resilience. Founded in 2006, CATCH is a leader and innovator in housing our most vulnerable neighbors in Idaho’s Treasure Valley. We collaborate with community partners and use proven, intentional methods like Housing First (learn more about Housing First here), because every family and every person deserves a home.
As you explore our mission, we hope you leave with one thought: ending homelessness is possible. Housing First is the solution.
Our program serves both Ada and Canyon Counties in Idaho. If you are currently experiencing homelessness, head over to our “Clients and Families” page to learn more about our program.
- Stable Housing: Getting families into a home rapidly provides the best chance to build a stable and sustainable life. Working with local property managers and landlords, we will rapidly house families living tonight in emergency shelter on the streets. There is no such thing as a temporary solution; therefore, the family signs a lease in their name. The house is permanent. It is their home. We sponsor the application fee, security deposit, and rent for as long as the family is in the program.
- Financial Independence: Once the key turns into their new home, our case managers get to work. Through intensive financial literacy and the CATCH Match Savings Program, families increase their annual income on average by over $6,000 and their savings by $1,000, making sustainable their new home.
- Resilience: We recognize that the family and the children have experienced trauma in their journey, we want to co-create a new story based on their strengths that have served them to this moment. We believe that language matters. Read more why we use people first language here.
Our Commitment to Collaboration
We know that we cannot end homelessness alone. We need your help. CATCH believes in Collective Impact, where people and organizations intentionally and meaningfully collaborate to implement a communitywide system of care.
Learn more about Our Path Home, a partnership operated by CATCH in Ada County, that brings together housing and service providers and governments to stand above any one program’s brand in achieving a community where everyone is stably housed.
The CATCH Way
These are the values that we commit to:
- People First: Take the time to co-create a relationship of honesty and empathy
- Strength-based: Empower others by recognizing their unique abilities and honoring their journey
- Be Willing to Lead and Embrace Change
- Continuously Learn and Live that Learning
- Be Intentionally Collaborative in Every Room
- Own Your Oops
- Create an Environment of Lightness and Laughter
- The proof is in the pudding and we’ll show you the recipe. Be a reliable, transparent, and outcomes-driven organization.
- Build Resilience: Help find hope and inspire toughness through the difficulties
- Take care of yourself to take care of others